Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Phyisical Therapy Career Opportunities

Hello All,

I have completed my Bachelors in Physiotherapy from India and I have been in the USA since last 4 years on H4 visa. I appeared in the license exam 2 times but couldn't make it and now completely lost. I don't see any other opportunity or way as physical therapist. Could anyone here please guide or suggest that, is there any course which I can do or any other certification related to field or any other opportunity I can look?
    I really appreciate any of your guidance or suggestions please.

Thank you.

Consider doing a prep course for the physical therapy exam.

Contact your local college and find out if there is a refresher course for internationally educated P.T.'s

Perhaps do a (US) Master's in Physical Therapy, or

Redo your Bachelors in the US:

*Assuming the process is similar to nursing: I would look at the state's licensing requirements for physical therapy
    - qualifications
    - colleges and universities that offer these degrees
    - the accreditation of these colleges and universities

(Make sure the college is nationally AND regionally accredited- you will find the info from the accreditation bodies, of the profession you choose)

Change careers, to something like nursing, which is also in demand. In nursing there are a lot of specialties and I'm sure you will find one that you like. To change your career to that of a Registered Nurse, you will follow the same process as mentioned above, to find the correct program*. For nursing, you will have to write the NCLEX. You can also look at what you need to do to qualify for the exam (which will be similar to qualifications and licensing requirements*). Go to the State Board of Nursing in the State in which you want to practice. Look up "Licensing by Exam".

You will probably need a student visa to go back to school, but I'm not the best one to advise on that.
    Last edited by NettieL; 05-04-2017, 08:12 AM.
    Not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you NettieL!

Originally posted by NettieL View Post
      Consider doing a prep course for the physical therapy exam.

Contact your local college and find out if there is a refresher course for internationally educated P.T.'s

Perhaps do a (US) Master's in Physical Therapy, or

Redo your Bachelors in the US:

*Assuming the process is similar to nursing: I would look at the state's licensing requirements for physical therapy
      - qualifications
      - colleges and universities that offer these degrees
      - the accreditation of these colleges and universities

(Make sure the college is nationally AND regionally accredited- you will find the info from the accreditation bodies, of the profession you choose)

Change careers, to something like nursing, which is also in demand. In nursing there are a lot of specialties and I'm sure you will find one that you like. To change your career to that of a Registered Nurse, you will follow the same process as mentioned above, to find the correct program*. For nursing, you will have to write the NCLEX. You can also look at what you need to do to qualify for the exam (which will be similar to qualifications and licensing requirements*). Go to the State Board of Nursing in the State in which you want to practice. Look up "Licensing by Exam".

You will probably need a student visa to go back to school, but I'm not the best one to advise on that.

Comment

hello

You could try and take the PTA exam instead. Once you pass the exam, you can work in the healthcare field while you prepare for the NPTE for PT if you still want to try it.

Comment

Thank you for starting this discussion. I'm actually thinking of a similar career path, and you made some good points. Can you provide any updates on your story?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X