Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer while outside the us

Hello,

I think I have a unique situation that I've tried to search for in this forum and others but have not found an answer. Here it is,

1. I am currently on an H1B visa working for Employer A.

2. My visa stamp with employer A is expired as of March 30th 2017.

3. I already have an approved I-797 extending my stay until March 30th 2020 and this was filed in premium processing before the premium processing halt when in place.

4. I am traveling back home between May 25th and June 20th 2017 and at this time I will be getting the visa re-stamped. I have already qualified for the drop box so I am expecting a 7-10 day turn around for the same.

5. Once I return, I will go back to work for Employer A.

6. I am also in the process of changing jobs and am considering an offer from Employer B. When can Employer B file for my H1B transfer / change of employers. Given the premium processing moratorium, I do not expect the transfer to be complete in the next 5-6 months at the least. Can they either,

a. Apply for the transfer before I leave for my home country. Will this in any way impact my visa stamping back home or my re-entry back to the US as they will note that I have a transfer pending but am still applying for a visa / re-entry with Employer A (who I intend to go back and work for initially before I cam move to Employer B with sufficient notice period fo Employer A)

b. Apply for the transfer while I am outside the US. Again will it impact my visa stamping back home or my re-entry back to the US.

c. Apply for the transfer once I am back from my trip.

Given te above, i.e. that I plan to work for Employer A after I return and will only move to Employer B after giving Employer A a 2-week notice once I am back from my trip, which of the above would be best. The reason I am even considering options 6a and 6b is that I am worried Employer B would not be willing to wait as late as option 6c.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X