Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job hunt scenario from L2 to H4 EAD

Hi,
    I have been working as a full time employee with a well known American company here in NJ for past 3.5 years, on L2 EAD . Its a finance strategy role and the progress in the company has been fairly rapid and work has been appreciated.
    My employer and husbands employer both filed for our H1 this April, however I still have not received an intimation. Assuming I did not get it in the lottery and husband di, I will have to move h4 beginning Oct and thereby resign from my job. I would immediately apply for a H4 EAD which I presume takes 90 days.

My question is - I have heard that finding a job on H4 EAD is tough. However given my scenario (since I wouldn't have a gap except the 3 months of EAD issuance) will it still be difficult to find a job?

Thanks!

Originally posted by seagreen View Post
    Hi,
    I have been working as a full time employee with a well known American company here in NJ for past 3.5 years, on L2 EAD . Its a finance strategy role and the progress in the company has been fairly rapid and work has been appreciated.
    My employer and husbands employer both filed for our H1 this April, however I still have not received an intimation. Assuming I did not get it in the lottery and husband di, I will have to move h4 beginning Oct and thereby resign from my job. I would immediately apply for a H4 EAD which I presume takes 90 days.

My question is - I have heard that finding a job on H4 EAD is tough. However given my scenario (since I wouldn't have a gap except the 3 months of EAD issuance) will it still be difficult to find a job?

Thanks!
    Does your spouse have an approved I140?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Does your spouse have an approved I140?
      Yes he does

Comment

Originally posted by seagreen View Post
        I have heard that finding a job on H4 EAD is tough. However given my scenario (since I wouldn't have a gap except the 3 months of EAD issuance) will it still be difficult to find a job?
        There is no reason to tell a prospective employer about your immigration status except to say "I am authorized to work in the United States"

Like all career minded people, fill your gaps with productive tasks like volunteer service or school

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
          There is no reason to tell a prospective employer about your immigration status except to say "I am authorized to work in the United States"

Like all career minded people, fill your gaps with productive tasks like volunteer service or school
          Thank you! That's very relieving to hear

Comment

Is there premium service for H4 EAD so can speed up the process

Comment

Premium processing is only available to some applicants of Form I-129 and Form I-140

It is not available for EAD applications

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
                Premium processing is only available to some applicants of Form I-129 and Form I-140

It is not available for EAD applications
                The biggest complication I see in this case is that you are not sure when yours or your spouse's H1 will be approved.

Assuming your spouse's H1 is approved as COS, then on 01-Oct-2017 your spouse would automatically move to H1 status, and you lose your L2 status (unless a L2 to H4 has been applied for you OR you yourself have an approved L2 to H1 COS).
                But if you apply L2 to H4 ahead, and at same time have your own L2 to H1 filed, then too it can get complicated as to which one will get approved last is indeterminable.

With lottery results out and receipt notices being sent, you should already know by now if you two are part of the lottery. And based on that, a decision can be taken.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X