Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview location for H4 visa

Hi friends

I'm on H1 visa in US. I would like to apply for H4 for my wife and kid.

In chennai the interview dates are not available right now. Can I apply in any other consulate for them?

Is there any problem if I apply for the interview at any location other than Chennai?

appreciate your help in this regard

Thanks
    Nag

Emergency visa

Hi Nag,

There is a provision to get visa in emergency situations, the VFS site ( ) says the following --

Emergency Appointment

If you have an unforeseen travel need as per one of the criteria listed below, you may qualify for an out-of-turn emergency appointment slot:

To obtain emergency medical care, or to accompany a relative or employer for emergency medical care.
    To attend the funeral of an immediate family member (mother, father, brother, sister, child, grandparent or grandchild).
    To attend to an urgent business matter where the travel requirement could not be predicted in advance.
    Students or exchange visitors who are within 120 days of their start date of a valid programme and who have not been refused a visa within the last six months.
    H and L visa renewals for applicants who are already working in the U.S and are returning to their jobs.
    Before you apply for an emergency appointment, you must ensure that you have documentary evidence to prove the urgency. If it appears during the visa interview that you misrepresented the reasons for travel, such facts will be noted on your case file and may adversely influence the outcome of your visa application. Furthermore, if the consular officer determines that you do not have a genuine emergency -as defined above- then he/she will postpone your interview 90 days from the date you appeared under the emergency provision.

Travel for the purpose of attending weddings, assisting pregnant daughters , or attending graduation ceremonies do not qualify for emergency appointments. For such travel, please request an ordinary appointment well in advance.

Hope this helps ...

Vikram H D

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X