Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD to H4 EAD, reduce the possible interuption of current employment

Hi Pro,
    I am on L2 EAD currently and it will expire in Nov 2017. My hubby's H1B is approved a few days ago and it seems I will need to converted to H4 as soon as he become H1B holder from Oct 1, 2017. (P.S: I140 has been approved)

I am currently working and I don't want give up this job just because the change of employment pass. Someone said I can only apply H4 EAD when I officially become H4 visa on 1st Oct, and only can resume working once I get H4 EAD approved.

I am new to such process and I am not sure if the premium process is still available for H4 EAD? And if I can start apply H4 EAD as soon as I get H4 sampled?
    or in my case, the H4 EAD is a new application or can be a renewal of my current EAD but with different conditions?

Many thanks in advanced for any suggestion and advice

Have a good weekend

SM

Originally posted by flyheart View Post
    Hi Pro,
    I am on L2 EAD currently and it will expire in Nov 2017. My hubby's H1B is approved a few days ago and it seems I will need to converted to H4 as soon as he become H1B holder from Oct 1, 2017. (P.S: I140 has been approved)

I am currently working and I don't want give up this job just because the change of employment pass. Someone said I can only apply H4 EAD when I officially become H4 visa on 1st Oct, and only can resume working once I get H4 EAD approved.

I am new to such process and I am not sure if the premium process is still available for H4 EAD? And if I can start apply H4 EAD as soon as I get H4 sampled?
    or in my case, the H4 EAD is a new application or can be a renewal of my current EAD but with different conditions?

Many thanks in advanced for any suggestion and advice

Have a good weekend

SM
    Firstly, you will not automatically go to H4 unless a L2 to H4 COS has been filed for you along with your spouse's L1 to H1. If it indeed has been filed (L2 to H4) I believe you can continue to work on the current EAD. I don't think there is a conversion from L2 EAD to H4 EAD.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Firstly, you will not automatically go to H4 unless a L2 to H4 COS has been filed for you along with your spouse's L1 to H1. If it indeed has been filed (L2 to H4) I believe you can continue to work on the current EAD. I don't think there is a conversion from L2 EAD to H4 EAD.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      So your opinion is I can continue work on my current EAD and renewal it 120 days before expire date?

Many thanks again

Shermaine

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X