Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Appointment with wrong DS160

Hello Team,

I have got approved H1B petition (PETITION-1) for California Location (approved in June 2016), However, recently the Business requirement changed and the client changed to Illinois, for which my Petitioner has filed amendment in Petition (PETITION-2) which is currently in progress (as currently Premium processing is suspended, so normal processing takes a bit of time to be approved).

Now while filing the DS-160 Form, I have provided PETITION-2 receipt number everywhere it required H1B information. And scheduled the appointment for the next week for OFC and Consulate Interview.

Now the question arises,
    1. Should I change the Petition number to PETITION-1 or not?
    2. If Yes, then How can I do that? (because I have already scheduled the interview appointments and I could not find option to change the petition number)
    3. If I cancel and schedule the new appointments with new DS-160 then will that work ?
    4. If Cancelling is the option then do I need to make the payments again ?

Originally posted by singhal03.deepak View Post
    Hello Team,

I have got approved H1B petition (PETITION-1) for California Location (approved in June 2016), However, recently the Business requirement changed and the client changed to Illinois, for which my Petitioner has filed amendment in Petition (PETITION-2) which is currently in progress (as currently Premium processing is suspended, so normal processing takes a bit of time to be approved).

Now while filing the DS-160 Form, I have provided PETITION-2 receipt number everywhere it required H1B information. And scheduled the appointment for the next week for OFC and Consulate Interview.

Now the question arises,
    1. Should I change the Petition number to PETITION-1 or not?
    2. If Yes, then How can I do that? (because I have already scheduled the interview appointments and I could not find option to change the petition number)
    3. If I cancel and schedule the new appointments with new DS-160 then will that work ?
    4. If Cancelling is the option then do I need to make the payments again ?
    1. No, as that is no longer the intended location of employment.
    3. Yes.
    4. I believe payment is valid for upto 1 Year.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X