Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L2 EAD to H1B in US- Do i need stamping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD to H1B in US- Do i need stamping?

Experts need your quick advice:

I was on L2- EAD which expires end of May 2017. Since my husband couldn't get an extension on his L1, i couldnt extend my EAD as well.*My company reactivated my old unused cap exempt H1B and it is approved now.

I have 2 questions 1) Is my H1b immediately effective from the day of approval overriding my earlier L2 EAD?

2) Since i am*US during the entire COS process, hence i just have my L2 stamped on my passport. Do i need to have my H1B VISA stamped before my L2 expiry even if i i have no travel planned outside US?

Appreciate any help/direction you can provide in this case.*

Originally posted by dbus View Post
    Experts need your quick advice:

I was on L2- EAD which expires end of May 2017. Since my husband couldn't get an extension on his L1, i couldnt extend my EAD as well.*My company reactivated my old unused cap exempt H1B and it is approved now.

I have 2 questions 1) Is my H1b immediately effective from the day of approval overriding my earlier L2 EAD?

2) Since i am*US during the entire COS process, hence i just have my L2 stamped on my passport. Do i need to have my H1B VISA stamped before my L2 expiry even if i i have no travel planned outside US?

Appreciate any help/direction you can provide in this case.*
    1. It depends on the date requested in the I129. The I797 would also have the date. If COS was approved with new I-94 check the I797.
    2. No, if it was approved with a new I-94, as mentioned, checked the validity dates on the I797.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X