Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Travel while H1 transfer

Hi,

I was working for Company X in India and I have got my H1B visa approved by December. Myself and my dependant went for stamping and both got our visa stamped. I came to USA by January and my dependant is still in India. Now I'm planning to switch employer here and my new employer Y would be doing the H1B transfer process in two weeks. Now I have the below questions,

Can my wife travel after two I join the new employer with the same visa by next month?

Or do I need to wait till the new petition gets approved which might take 5 months.

Please help

Thanks

h4 travel while h1 transfer

Hi Experts,

I am on H1b visa with employer (A), which is going to expire on Jan,2018. So my employer(A) filed an Extension, received the receipt number but the case is in-progress state. Meanwhile I got another job offer from Employer(B) and who filed transfer petition, received the receipt #, joined with employer (B) based on receipt #(case is in-progress).
    My spouse is back in India, with H4 visa on previous Employer (A). I am planning to make her travel to US on Dec, 2017 (45 days before the H4 visa expiry date).

Here are my questions,
    1) Can she travel on old Employer(A)'s H4 visa + Employer(B)'s receipt number + old valid I-797 ?

2) If the Employer (A) revokes the old I-797 (which is valid till Jan,18) & Extension petition, during the H4 travel will there be any hurdles @POE ?

3) Once H4 enters into the US (h4 visa valid till Jan,17), when should I go for H4 extension, after my new petition (with employer B) gets approved or before the H4 visa expires ?

The quick responses will be highly appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X