Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 Transfer, is stamping required for new employer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer, is stamping required for new employer?

I have H1 visa stamped from my old employer. Now I have received H1 approval for new employer. Do I need to get H1 visa stamped in my passport for my new employer if I travel out of US?

Thanks
    Bhargavi

yes you need to go for stamping if you go out side us

Comment

Ideally you should get it stamped to be safe, but, technically you dont have to .
      If your old H1b stamping has not expired (and if it has Multiple entry) then you dont need to get it stamped for the new employer. You can say to the Immigration officer that you had to travel in short notice of time and that you didnt get an appointment date. Thats what I did last time.

My passport had h1b stamping from company A, then I switched to company B and then to C. I didnt even get my H1b approval for the new company C. I only got the receipt notice. I had to travel to India for an emergency. I took all approval notices of company A, B and receipt notice from C, Bank statements, visiting cards from A, B and C, pay slips and all other documents that I could think of. But the Immigration officer only asked the approval notices and receipt notice from C. I also had a letter from my employer stating that my H1B application is under process.

hope this helps,
      RP

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X