Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I transfer my H1-B after it is revoked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I transfer my H1-B after it is revoked?

Hello,
    I was recently laid off from company. My final day at company was 31st March 2017. They had told me that they will hold visa for 30 days and after that they will send the notice for revocation.
    I checked my visa status today on USCIS case tracker and it said that "On May 25, 2017, we revoked the approval of your case, Receipt Number xxxxxx, and mailed you a revocation notice. It explains the reasons for our action."
    I got call from another employer today and they were ready to transfer my visa but can I transfer it now? USCIS gives 60 days according to new law to change the employer so 60 days have not been completed yet. What do I do in this case?

Originally posted by nikhilredij View Post
    Hello,
    I was recently laid off from company. My final day at company was 31st March 2017. They had told me that they will hold visa for 30 days and after that they will send the notice for revocation.
    I checked my visa status today on USCIS case tracker and it said that "On May 25, 2017, we revoked the approval of your case, Receipt Number xxxxxx, and mailed you a revocation notice. It explains the reasons for our action."
    I got call from another employer today and they were ready to transfer my visa but can I transfer it now? USCIS gives 60 days according to new law to change the employer so 60 days have not been completed yet. What do I do in this case?
    You cannot transfer an expired visa. It could have been transferred before it was revoked, but not now.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X