H4 extension approved but not stamped, applied for H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 extension approved but not stamped, applied for H1

My H1B visa extension application and my wife's H4 visa extension application has been approved on Mar 2006. We still havent got our passport stamped with the new visa. Meanwhile, I have started processing my wife's H1B visa so that she can also starting working in the US.

I plan to go to india in Nov or Dec 2006 on a vacation and i believe that my wife would have a approved H1B visa by that time. Now, when i go to india should my wife get her H4 visa stamped or her H1B visa stamped. Would it be problem if she goes for a H4 stamping and they find out that she has a approved H1B

She dosent want to take the risk of directly going for a H1B stamping, what if it gets rejected for some reason?. Then she wont be able to join me back to US after our vacation, since now she doesnt have a valid stamped H4 visa either

Would it be more feasible for her to get her H4 stamped , come to US , and then start working her on H1B and then get the H1B stamped in Canada maybe 3-4 months down the line. I am saying this because, i have heard that once you have started working then there is lesser risk of the visa getting rejected.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X