Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Renewal - Interview Experience - Matamoros

Hello,
    I wanted to share my interview experience at the US consulate in Matamaros for my H1-B extension.
    I contacted Salvador services and flew to Brownsville from Dallas.
    As i landed in Brownsville, i met a couple other Indians who were also there for the interview and have contacted Salvador.

Salavador is a very humble and hospitable person. He picked us up from the Greyhound station mentioned in his website on time and drove us across the border and helped us check in to Best Western Hotel in Matamaros.

There were a couple other Indians we met at the hotel who also had the interview scheduled for the same dates. (Clearly, his services were pretty known and reliable.)

We had our finger printing the next day to which he drove us and dropped us back in the hotel. (The whole process took around 15 mins as there are usually not many people waiting).
    The next day we had our consular interview at 8 AM. He picked us up at 7:30 AM and dropped us at the consulate.

I was in front of the visa officer in 5 mins as there was no waiting again. The visa officer appeared to be in training and she asked a list of questions she had on paper prepared for her.
    Very basic questions like "Which college did you graduate from" and "Where do you work" and then my visa was approved.

We picked up our passports at 3 PM. (FYI, I asked the VO if i could pick up my passports at a time earlier than 3 PM as i had a flight to catch at 5 PM from Brownsville. She said it may or may not be ready but usually they are not ready until 3 PM. ).

Salvador drove us to the border and dropped us off at the beginning of the bridge. We then walked across the bridge and into the immigration building right on the border.

The immigration officer was a little stern in the beginning and grilled me with 5 - 6 questions but were all again very basic. ("How long have i worked for the company", "Where do i live", etc). It took around 20 mins for the whole process and finally he gave me a paper I-97 and approved my immigration.

I was able to catch my flight at 5:00 PM.

All ended well! And i would totally vouch for Salvador services as Salvador and his team greatly helped in this process and i am thankful to them.
    Last edited by Antonise; 05-28-2017, 07:31 PM. Reason: banned website

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X