H4 to H1, then H1 to H4,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1, then H1 to H4,

I have a one query. My wife came to USA on H4 and stamped visa vaild till Sep 2017, a company offered h1 for her in 2016, pettion was picked in lottery and approved. My wife worked till Apr 2017. my wife travelled back recently to India for a vacation, now she doesnt want to work due to health issues, just want be housewife. Her initial H4 visa stamped is still valid to come back to US.

few questions.
    1. Do my wife need to go through VISA stamping again ?
    2. how the conversion takes place from h1 to h4 ?

Please advise,
    Thanks.
    Last edited by krishnam86; 05-29-2017, 11:12 PM.

anyone, Could you please respond to the post ?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by krishnam86 View Post
      I have a one query. My wife came to USA on H4 and stamped visa vaild till Sep 2017, a company offered h1 for her in 2016, pettion was picked in lottery and approved. My wife worked till Apr 2017. my wife travelled back recently to India for a vacation, now she doesnt want to work due to health issues, just want be housewife. Her initial H4 visa stamped is still valid to come back to US.

few questions.
      1. Do my wife need to go through VISA stamping again ?
      2. how the conversion takes place from h1 to h4 ?

Please advise,
      Thanks.
      1. No need.
      2. At port of Entry she has to show her H4 visa and your H1 petition, if asked, if allowed to enter, her status will be H4.

One can have two valid visas in passport, but in US one can only have one status as a time, in your wife's case it will be H4 as she will be admitted on H4.No need to explicitly convert from H1 to H4.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X