Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need to file H1 B amendment or extension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to file H1 B amendment or extension?

Hi All,

I am little bit confused with my H1B visa or amendment status. Please help me on this.

I have valid H1 visa till July 2018 stamped on passport in Feb 2016 (India). Next month only Mar 2016, I applied amendment as my client/location was changed and got receipt number in Apr 2016. On the basis of receipt number, I travelled to US and since then working for same client/location till date.

Now, Few days back I got to know that my amendment is approved since Feb 2017 to Jan 2018. My confusions/concerns are:

1. Do I need to file H1 B amendment or extension?? as my existing amendment is going to expire on Jan 2018 (will continue work with same client/location).
    2. I have a plan to go to India in Dec 2017 to Jan 2018 (first week). Should I file the H1 B amendment or extension before trip or after trip?

Thanks in advance. Waiting for reply.

Originally posted by ankur125 View Post
    Hi All,

I am little bit confused with my H1B visa or amendment status. Please help me on this.

I have valid H1 visa till July 2018 stamped on passport in Feb 2016 (India). Next month only Mar 2016, I applied amendment as my client/location was changed and got receipt number in Apr 2016. On the basis of receipt number, I travelled to US and since then working for same client/location till date.

Now, Few days back I got to know that my amendment is approved since Feb 2017 to Jan 2018. My confusions/concerns are:

1. Do I need to file H1 B amendment or extension?? as my existing amendment is going to expire on Jan 2018 (will continue work with same client/location).
    2. I have a plan to go to India in Dec 2017 to Jan 2018 (first week). Should I file the H1 B amendment or extension before trip or after trip?

Thanks in advance. Waiting for reply.
    What about the period between April 2016 and Feb 2017? Did you have approval to work?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X