Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it safe to join a new company with just H-1B transfer receipt? Success rate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it safe to join a new company with just H-1B transfer receipt? Success rate?

Given that the current H-1B premium processing suspension is going to last some more months,
    is it wise to switch companies based on H-1B receipt? How risky is it? How many people have
    had success? This whole transfer stuff is too complicated - why not make transfer simple as it’s a
    transfer of already approved one? If there's no enough man power to handle these transfers, it's
    in best interest of USCIS to remove this overly intricate and time-consuming visa transfer process.
    As if fresh F-1/H-1B/Green card/etc is not enough complicated, these suspensions on premium processing
    has become a nuisance to the U.S whole employment system. It's high time USCIS improves these
    processes to make it smooth and quick.

Cheers.

Any thoughts here to share?

Any thoughts here to share?

Comment

Originally posted by Ok56 View Post
      Given that the current H-1B premium processing suspension is going to last some more months,
      is it wise to switch companies based on H-1B receipt? How risky is it? How many people have
      had success? This whole transfer stuff is too complicated - why not make transfer simple as it’s a
      transfer of already approved one? If there's no enough man power to handle these transfers, it's
      in best interest of USCIS to remove this overly intricate and time-consuming visa transfer process.
      As if fresh F-1/H-1B/Green card/etc is not enough complicated, these suspensions on premium processing
      has become a nuisance to the U.S whole employment system. It's high time USCIS improves these
      processes to make it smooth and quick.

Cheers.
      If the employers are genuine with proper contracts and requirements in place, I see very little risk. I would advise avoiding multiple layers, shady consultants etc.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        If the employers are genuine with proper contracts and requirements in place, I see very little risk. I would advise avoiding multiple layers, shady consultants etc.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
        I would be considering only direct-hire big companies. Yes, that makes sense. Waiting till premium processing comes back or even the approval
        of H-1B which might take several months is just out of question for some inevitable reasons for me as of now. So, hope this slightly-risky regular
        processing works out smoothly as I have already had enough with all these H-1B approval under less-known and complex cap-exempt category of
        reusing a previous H-1B cap from an earlier unused H-1B approval, after a year long struggle followed by a year of extremely slow H-1B amendment
        process with RFE and then incorrect I797 and finally the correct one after one year(can you imagine? it was just for acquisition of Company A by Company B
        for which the mere amendment took so long which I highly found frustrating and annoying), and what not. Meanwhile, if premium processing comes back soon,
        I am planning to ask for switching to premium processing midway. Hope that works out as well.

Thanks and cheers.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X