Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B approved after 221g - but in US with H4

Hello there!

I am a H1B holder, and i travelled to India last september (2016) for a vacation and my visa was put on 221g, so after waiting for 2 months i travelled back in H4. Now, I received an email on 6/7 to Submit my passport at the nearest application center. While my employer is looking for options from their side, i also want to check what would be the better way to get my H1 back, should i go to India in H4 and get the H1 stamped?
    Thanks for your time and inputs!!

Originally posted by Sarah981 View Post
    Hello there!

I am a H1B holder, and i travelled to India last september (2016) for a vacation and my visa was put on 221g, so after waiting for 2 months i travelled back in H4. Now, I received an email on 6/7 to Submit my passport at the nearest application center. While my employer is looking for options from their side, i also want to check what would be the better way to get my H1 back, should i go to India in H4 and get the H1 stamped?
    Thanks for your time and inputs!!
    Your employer could have filed for a COS from h4 to H1 while in US. But the fastest would be H1 stamping by returning to India and submitting your passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi,
      What did you do? DId you come back to India and get your visa stamped?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X