Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B- Need Help with 221(G) document submission

Hi All,

I had my H1B Petition approved in 2016 and attended the H1B interview at chennai consulate in Jan 2017.
    However I revived a 221(G) blue slip to submit project documentation . The VO Officer had marked the section "A detailed description of the project to which you will be assigned.Include a complete technical description of the project,.......".

My US employer had requested for 1 month time to submit the documents.1 month extended to 4 months.
    My employer responded few days back,stating the documentation is available to be submitted to the Consulate.

However i received a mail from the chennai consulate.
    "With reference to your U.S. Visa application, we kindly request you to submit your passport and your dependents passports along with the attached 221 g letter at the nearest Visa Application Center."

The mail had the 221(G) form attached in PDF format. However this time the 221(G) section " "A detailed description of the project to which you will be assigned.Include a complete technical description of the project,......." was not marked. It also did not have have any other section marked.

Should i drop only the passport+ 221(G) or should i also drop the associated documents along with it.
    I have asked my employer to submit a soft copy to their mail address.

Has any one else encountered similar situation. Does an 221(G) without request for any documents mean a approval or denial?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X