Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Visa Stamped - need suggestion on H1b transfer

Hello,

I'm working for company A based in India, who has filed H1b and it is approved and also my Visa is Stamped in Feb-2017. Company A does not have any opportunities for me currently. Company B has contacted me saying that they have opportunities and they can transfer the H1b once i travel to US on existing visa status for Company A. but i read in some forums that employer (Company A) will revoke the h1b once the employee is separated.

Is it safe to say that i need to transfer H1b before travelling? or can i go ahead with the Company B suggestion. Please suggest

Originally posted by srikmv85 View Post
    Hello,

I'm working for company A based in India, who has filed H1b and it is approved and also my Visa is Stamped in Feb-2017. Company A does not have any opportunities for me currently. Company B has contacted me saying that they have opportunities and they can transfer the H1b once i travel to US on existing visa status for Company A. but i read in some forums that employer (Company A) will revoke the h1b once the employee is separated.

Is it safe to say that i need to transfer H1b before travelling? or can i go ahead with the Company B suggestion. Please suggest
    It is illegal for you to travel to US on A's petition if you do not wish to work for them upon your entry to US. What would you answer when officer at the port if entry asks you as to whom you would be working for? Ask B to file their petition and upon approval use that to enter US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X