Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entering US with H1B visa getting expired soon

Hi All,

I am planning to visit Canada next month end but while entering US I will be left only with 13 days H1B visa left also I94 admit until date will have 20 days pending.. My visa extension already approved and the new I797 approved till 2020. I will do the stamping when I am going to India later this year.
    Also my H1B visa is in my old passport (Getting expired next week), I got the new passport but this not have H1B visa.
    Please let me know if I will face any issue while entering US from Canada.

Thanks for your help.
    John

Originally posted by Johnmjd View Post
    Hi All,

I am planning to visit Canada next month end but while entering US I will be left only with 13 days H1B visa left also I94 admit until date will have 20 days pending.. My visa extension already approved and the new I797 approved till 2020. I will do the stamping when I am going to India later this year.
    Also my H1B visa is in my old passport (Getting expired next week), I got the new passport but this not have H1B visa.
    Please let me know if I will face any issue while entering US from Canada.

Thanks for your help.
    John
    You may not, but what if the visa officer at POE grants you I-94 only till your visa expiry date? In that case, the I-94 that came with the approved I797 will no longer be valid and you will have to refile the extension.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X