Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H1 and H4, please help !!

Hi,
    I am on OPT at the moment and it expires on Jan 15, 2007. I'll be applying for my H1B any time now and have planned on going to Toronto, Canada,for the interview, on Dec 18 or so, considering my start date for H1 is Dec 16. After I get my visa stamped I plan to go back home to India, for a month.
    My question is, after I get my visa stamped in Canada, is it necessary for me to return to the US through Canada or can I go to India from Canada and then return to the US, directly from India ?
    I heard that if I have the interview in Canada, I will have to return to the US and then go to India from the US. Is there such a rule ?
    Secondly, the reason for my travel to India is that I am planning to get married in Jan 2007. I wanted to know if it would be a better option if I answer my H1B visa interview in India, along with my spouse-to-be, who will be answering the interview for her H4 too, after the wedding takes place. Or shall I just answer my interview in Canada and then let her answer her interview in India alone ? Is there a higher chance of me getting rejected in
    India(Mumbai Consulate) than in Canada ?
    Third, Does her Passport have to be updated so that it holds my name and vice versa for a better chance at the interview or is it ok to stay with maiden names and just carry the Wedding Certificate with her.
    Fourth, Does it take a long time for an appointment for H4 ? I was planning on applying for her H4 somewhere by Dec 23 or so and then setting the interview for Jan 18 or so because I am planning to leave India on Jan 24, with her. Do you think that it will be possible to do so ?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X