Got 221g due to VO system showing denied port of entry which is wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 221g due to VO system showing denied port of entry which is wrong

Plz let me know if anyone came across this situation. During visa interview Visa officer said system shows 'port of entry denied on specific date and year. Never been out of country during specific year but there was some expungement happened during that year during same time frame due to some stupid thing that i did a year and half before where I was appeared on court and completed community service later my finger prints was expunged. I was not arrested but given court order during the criminal activity due to minor criminal activity. Since my data was expunged I answered 'no' on ds160 form for the questionnaire 'Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?'

Do I need to answer yes or no for this question ? Plz clarify.

Will the system shows as 'port of entry denied on specific date and year' due to this criminal activity?

Also my record is expunged so during visa interview when officer asked finally I am not sure to say yes or no and said no for any criminal activity. Will that affect issuing visa?

Visa officer said he raised a query to know why it is showing 'as port of entry denied' when not traveled out of country during specific year and no criminal activity. He gave 221g and said no documents was required from my side. Now sure how long will it take. Any idea?

Due to this my Kid got struck with me as well and she is a dependent of my spouse but came for visa interview with me.

Losing all positive hopes due to this single incident in my lifetime. I am really confused and worried and not sure what to answer if expunged. If my Visa will be issued or not. Anu suggestions or clarification will help.

Originally posted by visa221g View Post
    some expungement happened during that year during same time frame due to some stupid thing that i did a year and half before where I was appeared on court and completed community service later my finger prints was expunged. I was not arrested but given court order during the criminal activity due to minor criminal activity. Since my data was expunged I answered 'no' on ds160 form for the questionnaire 'Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?'

Do I need to answer yes or no for this question ? Plz clarify.
    You should answer "yes" to this question

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      You should answer "yes" to this question
      Thanks for the clarification. I answered 'no' will that affect visa decision. Do I get a chance to correct it?

Comment

If I was the consular officer, I would certainly deny your application on the basis that you knowingly made a false attestation

However, the consular officer has the discretion to make this determination, and will decide based on the information he can obtain and in light of his candid conversation with you

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
          If I was the consular officer, I would certainly deny your application on the basis that you knowingly made a false attestation

However, the consular officer has the discretion to make this determination, and will decide based on the information he can obtain and in light of his candid conversation with you
          Thank you for the response.

The reason I said no was due to record expunged. Last time when I contacted my criminal lawyer who took up my case he said records will be sealed and not visible to anyone. Keeping that in mind I answered no. After the Visa interview I got a doubt and that why I am more worried now. Don't know what to do now :-(

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X