h1 dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1 dropbox

Assuming that you are qualified for drop box facility for H1 stamp, has anyone tried or it is legal and ok to courier Indian passport from US to India and ask a family remember to submit to for dropbox and courier passport back after stamping? J

Let us assume worst case of additional docs or refusal, then won't the passport be mailed back to the Indian dropbox location?
    And also know that the passport will not have any I-94 entry and will have no record of it leaving and entering the country back!

Originally posted by sf123 View Post
    Assuming that you are qualified for drop box facility for H1 stamp, has anyone tried or it is legal and ok to courier Indian passport from US to India and ask a family remember to submit to for dropbox and courier passport back after stamping? J

Let us assume worst case of additional docs or refusal, then won't the passport be mailed back to the Indian dropbox location?
    And also know that the passport will not have any I-94 entry and will have no record of it leaving and entering the country back!
    It's illegal to send passport by mail across continents. Worst case you may lose it in transit.

Also, in the Ds160 you have to mention current location and if you mention US it can be questionable. Also, if consulate asks you to attend interview, how will you do so? The US consulate can track your passport if it left you. Would not advise trying this.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Carrying my wife's passport for stamping to India

I am on a L1 visa (Individual not Blanket) and my wife on a L2 visa. We just renewed by visa and are yet to get it stamped.
      I am traveling to India and will get my visa stamped there. Can I carry my wife's passport with me to get it stamped? We are both eligible for the dropbox service.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X