X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• few queries on DS160 for H!

Hello All,

I have few questions related to DS160 below for H1B Visa

1. I will be going alone to India for Visa stamping. My family(wife/child) will stay here in USA and their i-94 will expire will already be expired by then . They are waiting for their H4 Extension which is in regular processing. Will it be fine I can go alone and no issue for them .

2. They will stay here. So to question Do you have any immediate relative in USA not including your parents?

Should i answer it as Yes?

3. What would be spouse address should i be mentioning as she will be in USA while my visa stamping in India.

Please clarify on above queries, will be very thankful.

Regards

Originally posted by altruist321 View Post
    Hello All,

I have few questions related to DS160 below for H1B Visa

1. I will be going alone to India for Visa stamping. My family(wife/child) will stay here in USA and their i-94 will expire will already be expired by then . They are waiting for their H4 Extension which is in regular processing. Will it be fine I can go alone and no issue for them .

2. They will stay here. So to question Do you have any immediate relative in USA not including your parents?

Should i answer it as Yes?

3. What would be spouse address should i be mentioning as she will be in USA while my visa stamping in India.

Please clarify on above queries, will be very thankful.

Regards
    1. There is no hard rule that they cannot come with you and have to wait for the H4 extension, they can certainly come with you and attend visa interview.
    2. Yes, you should answer Yes.
    3. US address.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. There is no hard rule that they cannot come with you and have to wait for the H4 extension, they can certainly come with you and attend visa interview.
      2. Yes, you should answer Yes.
      3. US address.

Thank you so much for your response. For #1, They are not planning to go to India right now. Only I will be going. I will be going in OCT and by then their visa will be expired although we have got their H4 extension receipt notice for extension and waiting for approval notice.

So only question is it should not be an issue if i travel alone for visa stamping even if they do not have valid visa and are in US waiting for their extension.

Thanks again for your quick revert

Comment

Originally posted by altruist321 View Post
        Thank you so much for your response. For #1, They are not planning to go to India right now. Only I will be going. I will be going in OCT and by then their visa will be expired although we have got their H4 extension receipt notice for extension and waiting for approval notice.

So only question is it should not be an issue if i travel alone for visa stamping even if they do not have valid visa and are in US waiting for their extension.

Thanks again for your quick revert
        Dont see any issues. The officer may ask where your family is and any specific reason they are not with you during this trip.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Dont see any issues. The officer may ask where your family is and any specific reason they are not with you during this trip.

Sure Thank you so much. that helps

I do have drop box eligibility for now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X