Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221G Blueform after submitting for H1b extension through dropbox

Hi,

My current H1-B is (was) valid till 30 Sep'17. I submitted my documents and passport through dropbox for H1b extension (which begins on Oct 1 2017).
    This will be my 2nd renewal (third H1B period, since my I-140 is approved).

I am employed with my current employer for more than 6 years.

My passport is valid for next 8 months after my new visa kicks in. (I thought 6 months are sufficient).

I submitted my documents on 5 July, and received passport back on day before yesterday with a 221G Blue form, with following remark.

You must appear for FINGERPRINT VERIFICATION at the Consulate on any working day from 1030am to 11am. Please bring this letter and your passport. DO NOT make a new appointment. + NEW PASSPORT.

Also they stamped "CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE" on my current visa (which was valid until 30 Sep'17). So I cant even travel back on my current visa.

I am trying to apply for a new passport in tatkaal.
    My questions are:

1) Any speculation why this happened? I *think* my lamination is slightly peeling off from the picture page of the passport. But they did not provide any specific comment about it.

2) How long should it take AFTER I visit the consulate? I am trying to reschedule my ticket (and cancelling the existing reservation).

3) Should I worry about anything else?

4) Do I appear at the Consulate (at least thats what it says), and not the Biometric fingerprint collection center?

Any information/guidance will be helpful.

Thanks!

Just appear at the consulate with your current passport, as the form says, give your fingerprints, and ask if you need a new passport. As far as I know 6 months is enough.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

How long did it took

Hello,

Can you please tell me what was the overall processing time in your case? When was visa issued to you?

Regards,
      RS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X