Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laid off - from today 14th July - H1B end date is end of December 2017 (2nd year)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laid off - from today 14th July - H1B end date is end of December 2017 (2nd year)

Hi everyone I just got a call from my HR saying I have been laid off due to org restructuring and no suitable positions available anymore and my employer will send USCIS notification within 5-7 business days. I am in unimaginable situation and it hit out of no where. If I find a new employer in next couple of weeks from today will I be able to stay in status? And if any employer will even consider my situation and apply for petition given the situation?

Originally posted by pratikp View Post
    Hi everyone I just got a call from my HR saying I have been laid off due to org restructuring and no suitable positions available anymore and my employer will send USCIS notification within 5-7 business days. I am in unimaginable situation and it hit out of no where. If I find a new employer in next couple of weeks from today will I be able to stay in status? And if any employer will even consider my situation and apply for petition given the situation?
    You pretty much have 60 days from your last payday to find another job and employer willing to file a H1 petition for you. If you have the skill sets in high demand you may get an employer willing to petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Does employer have obligation to pay for return travel for laid off H1Bs?

I was recently laid off. The company is willing to pay for my return travel. Shouldn't they be paying for my dependents also?

Comment

Originally posted by akumar24 View Post
        I was recently laid off. The company is willing to pay for my return travel. Shouldn't they be paying for my dependents also?
        The law requires them to pay only for you, not for your dependents.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X