Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newborn baby on 6th July and company forcing to go back without baby travel document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newborn baby on 6th July and company forcing to go back without baby travel document

I have a Newborn baby in July 2017 and company suddenly forcing to go back to base location India and I don't have travel documents (birth certificate, passport, Indian visa) ready for the baby. All these documents even if I expedite will take up to 2-3 months. My assignation was till 2018 and it's not like that I kept my family knowing that my project will be over. Now we can't travel without baby and baby can't travel till the time we get all these documents so what's our options?
    Last edited by Amit83; 07-15-2017, 05:21 PM. Reason: Date correction

Get a new job

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Get a new job
      As I was transferred from India can the company force me in such scenario to go back without giving time for my new born legal travel document? It's a reputed company so I am not sure if my managers aren't sensitive and should I reach to HR? As I feel being harassed how can someone imagine to travel without baby 😟

Comment

Employers can get away with almost anything employees will put up with.

You have an H visa, you won the H visa lottery less than six years ago, you are here in the United States. You have the opportunity to network, scout, and interview for other job opportunities; and a new employer can easily file an H petition for you without being subject to the lottery

So why will you put up with it? Unless you really want to go back to India or they are paying you real well to do so

Comment

Originally posted by Amit83 View Post
          As I was transferred from India can the company force me in such scenario to go back without giving time for my new born legal travel document? It's a reputed company so I am not sure if my managers aren't sensitive and should I reach to HR? As I feel being harassed how can someone imagine to travel without baby 😟

Stop being such pussies for gods sakes. Your family is important. Your baby is important. If it is a reputed company complaint to HR department. Further threaten them that you will go and post this on ******** and post articles on Linked In and other social media sites if they do not treat you with decency to just get your act together.
          I am sorry if I sound mean but stand up for yourself man. Screw that job. Have confidence in yourself that you will find something else and please do not stick around with this company.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X