Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H1 Extension

Hi ,

My H1 visa was expired in NOV-2016, my employer applied for the extension but after two RFE I received a denial notice and I had to move to my home country. In march 2017 my extension got approved and received till end of this year DEC-2017, due to personal reasons I couldn't go for visa stamping and I'm planning to go for visa stamping this month - JULY -2017.

1. Will there be any issue If i go for visa stamping now ?
    2. My employer has shared all the documents including Client letter, Contract letter and relevant documents which are valid till end of this year can I still use that ?

Any help/advice will be really useful.

Thank you,
    Shanthi Raman

Originally posted by shanthi_raman View Post
    Hi ,

My H1 visa was expired in NOV-2016, my employer applied for the extension but after two RFE I received a denial notice and I had to move to my home country. In march 2017 my extension got approved and received till end of this year DEC-2017, due to personal reasons I couldn't go for visa stamping and I'm planning to go for visa stamping this month - JULY -2017.

1. Will there be any issue If i go for visa stamping now ?
    2. My employer has shared all the documents including Client letter, Contract letter and relevant documents which are valid till end of this year can I still use that ?

Any help/advice will be really useful.

Thank you,
    Shanthi Raman
    With job visibility only for 5 Months, I doubt the interview would be fruitful. The consular officer would like to know what about beyond Dec 2017?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      With job visibility only for 5 Months, I doubt the interview would be fruitful. The consular officer would like to know what about beyond Dec 2017?

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you for your reply.

My client will extend the project every 1 year or 6 months, I don't think so they will extend the project for more than a year. Will that justify consular officer ?

Comment

Originally posted by shanthi_raman View Post

My client will extend the project every 1 year or 6 months, I don't think so they will extend the project for more than a year. Will that justify consular officer ?
        Go and give the interview a shot, don't waste any more time. Keep it close to reality. If you tell him that your employer extends projects every 6-12 months, he may ask for proof. Word of mouth is not considered as valid proof. If you have a letter explaining this, then tell him.

If asked about your return date, tell him that your current return date is the end date of your visa. Dec2017.
        If he asks for your plans after the visa expiry date, tell him that it depends, if the employer extends the project, you will file for extension, else come back to home country.

PS: This is what I would do, and believe is the best thing to do. It's your decision to decide how to handle your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by munnah1 View Post
          Go and give the interview a shot, don't waste any more time. Keep it close to reality. If you tell him that your employer extends projects every 6-12 months, he may ask for proof. Word of mouth is not considered as valid proof. If you have a letter explaining this, then tell him.

If asked about your return date, tell him that your current return date is the end date of your visa. Dec2017.
          If he asks for your plans after the visa expiry date, tell him that it depends, if the employer extends the project, you will file for extension, else come back to home country.

PS: This is what I would do, and believe is the best thing to do. It's your decision to decide how to handle your situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X