Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renew H4 EAD without H4 extension

Hi,

I have applied for my wife's H4 extension on June 27 and it is still in process. We have received I-539 receipt number. She already has an approved H4 EAD card which is valid till Nov 2017. And I already have an H1B extension approved till Jan 2019.

Can we apply for H4 EAD extension now without getting H4 extension approval or do I need to wait until H4 extension is approved? How soon can we submit H4 EAD renewal application, is it 3 months before expiry?

Thanks

Any help will be appreciated?

Comment

Hi

Comment

Did you find out the answer for your situation? I am in the same boat. I don't have H1 or H4 approvals and wanted to know if can apply for H4 EAD or not.

Comment

Originally posted by therisingsun View Post
          Did you find out the answer for your situation? I am in the same boat. I don't have H1 or H4 approvals and wanted to know if can apply for H4 EAD or not.
          No, I didn't find any answer yet. So far I have read is that for H4 EAD ext, H4 receipt number is enough. But, I need to someone to confirm that.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by marsck View Post
          No, I didn't find any answer yet. So far I have read is that for H4 EAD ext, H4 receipt number is enough. But, I need to someone to confirm that.
          This is what I found so far:

For your convenience, you may file Form I-765 with Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, or with both Form I-539 and the Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, filed for the H-1B principal nonimmigrant. However, we will not make a decision on your Form I-765 until after we have adjudicated your Form I-539 and determined whether you are eligible for the underlying H-4 nonimmigrant status, whether your spouse is eligible for the underlying H-1B nonimmigrant status, or both.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X