Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g White slip received during H1B visa interview

Hi All,
    I had appeared for H1B visa interview on June 9, 2017 at US Consulate, Mumbai and received 221(g) white slip. I received an email from US Consulate General Mumbai on July 11, 2017, that we are ready for final processing. Please submit your passport, copy of your I-797, pending letter to the Consulate General via any of the 11 document delivery locations. I submitted all the required documents to VFS office Mumbai on July 14th, 2017. On July 17, 2017, when I checked online status, it was updated that Mumbai consulate have received my passport. Again July 20, 2017 the status was same administrative processing. Since then I am checking status every day and it is still showing Administrative Processing with the same date.
    My husband already left for US and kids are with me and my elder son’s school is going to open in August and we are stuck in India. Not sure what can I do to expedite this process? Even thought of going on H4 but passport stuck with US Consulate and can’t do anything now. Could anyone help me to understand what can I do in this situation to expedite the process? How can I reach out to USCIS directly to get some kind of update that exactly what is going on and how long it will take to finish the process?

Hi,

Administrative process would mean that your process is still going on (Ofcourse!) But i don't think you can directly reach out to USCIS to expedite the process unless it's an emergency. I heard it takes around 2-4 weeks for the administrative process to finish. Please be patient and try to book your tickets in a flexible manner (which allows you to reschedule) and hope you could get the Visa in the next 2 weeks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X