Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g Admin processing for 9 months with no response

Hello,

I am in a very complicated situation with my H1B Stamping.

I was with Employer A since January 2015 and working for Client YYYY with my H1B issued till Aug 2016.

I transferred my H1B visa to employer B in June 2016 and received new I-797 valid until June 2017. The Client remained same for both the employers.

I came to India for a vacation in the month of Oct 2016, got drop box and dropped passport and I-797 for stamping. But it got returned with a 221 g blue slip issued.

I went to Chennai consulate and submitted all documents requested asked for in Nov 2016. After verifying the documents, the consulate officer told me that they need to review the documents again and hence my status stays in Admin processing. Even after 8 MONTHS, I never got a status update back. I made several follow ups, but received the standard response saying that they cannot give me an expected end date for this Admin processing.

Since my visa was expiring in June 2017, my employer B filed for H1B renewal in March 2017 in Premium and it got approved from May 2017 to May 2018. Since we never received any update on my previous I-797, we waited until July 2017 and filled new DS-160. Unfortunately this time also I got the Dropbox option. Submitted the passport again with the new I-797 last week. I received back my passport again with another 221g Blue slip - asking for everything they can ask from the petitioner, my employer (like contracts b/w petitioner and client, an itinerary of services, State unemployment wage report for all employees etc.).

It is really unfortunate to see myself in this situation and I am really concerned that I will have to continue this wait indefinitely. I was browsing the forum and has not seen a 221g case getting delayed this long. Moreover all these times, I have been working during night times and it is really taking a toll on my health.

Now I have talked with my Employer and their attorneys, we don't still see any other option than to submit all requested documents again and continue to wait.

I request advice from you all, is there anything else we can do/ need to do. I know there is no way we can expedite this process, but is there any option that my attorney can directly contact consulate?

Any advice would be much helpful.

Thank You

Did you get any update? I am also waiting since i got 221g for two petitions.Hyderabad consultant.

Comment

Any Update

Hello dsc14,

Could you please provide an update? Are you still in INDIA or did you get your visa stamped?

I am also in the same boat. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Did you received your visa? How long did it take? My situation is little different but I have been waiting for my visa for last 9 months still no updates. Can you please update me? Thanks...

Comment

I received my visa in two month. I travel for work, so my visa had been approved really fast. But i was afraid of disapproving because my work specialization is cosmetology and it's not common profession for travelling.
          Last edited by samlynn; 08-29-2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X