Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B - which one takes precedence? Latest filed or latest approved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - which one takes precedence? Latest filed or latest approved?

Hi All,

Here is my situation. I have an H1B amendment filed in Sep-2016 since I moved to a new client. Since the existing work permit was expiring in Apr-2017, my company filed an extension in Dec-2016. The extension was filed in premium processing and got approved in Dec-2016 itself and was approved till Nov-2019.

Now the amendment filed in Sep-2016 was filed in normal processing and it got approved in Apr-2017. This was approved till Dec-2017 only.

My question is should I go for another extension since the latest approved I-797 is only till Dec-2017? Or will my recently filed extension is still valid?

Could someone please clarify?

Thank you.

Originally posted by seeknew View Post
    Hi All,

Here is my situation. I have an H1B amendment filed in Sep-2016 since I moved to a new client. Since the existing work permit was expiring in Apr-2017, my company filed an extension in Dec-2016. The extension was filed in premium processing and got approved in Dec-2016 itself and was approved till Nov-2019.

Now the amendment filed in Sep-2016 was filed in normal processing and it got approved in Apr-2017. This was approved till Dec-2017 only.

My question is should I go for another extension since the latest approved I-797 is only till Dec-2017? Or will my recently filed extension is still valid?

Could someone please clarify?

Thank you.
    Did the latest approval I129 have the amended client/location details?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Did the latest approval I129 have the amended client/location details?
      Yes, the I-129 form has the client location details. And the amendment and extension were filed for the same client location.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X