H4 stamping question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 stamping question

I went for H4 stamping in India and the visa was approved for 3 months (till September 24th 2017). Officer at the port of entry issued the 1-94 which expires in August 16th 2019.

My question is do we need to apply for the extension before my visa expires which is September 2017 or my latest I-94 expires which is 08/16/19? Please suggest.

Originally posted by lucky221 View Post
    I went for H4 stamping in India and the visa was approved for 3 months (till September 24th 2017). Officer at the port of entry issued the 1-94 which expires in August 16th 2019.

My question is do we need to apply for the extension before my visa expires which is September 2017 or my latest I-94 expires which is 08/16/19? Please suggest.
    Please dont spam the forum posting same question multiple times.

As for filing extension, your I-94 governs how long can you stay in US, so you can stay and are fine as long as you file extension before 08/16/2019. Also, I dont think you can apply for extension earlier that 6 months before I-94 expiry. Of course, if you leave US after Sep 24, 2017, you would need a new visa to enter US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X