Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prev emp name on Visa-Passport with Valid petition from new emp - Stamping required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prev emp name on Visa-Passport with Valid petition from new emp - Stamping required?

I have transferred my fresh H1B visa with expiry date Sep 2018 (got with emp A in Oct 2015, transferred to emp B on Dec 2016) while in India itself.

Traveled to US on Mar 2016 with new petition from emp B with expiry date Jan 2019 while my visa-passport still have emp A name.

PoE was Dallas and IO asked for new petition from emp B and asked me to change the name of emp A to emp B next time. Its a casual note. He had asked why change from emp A to emp B for which i have answered for better professional growth. Also, my wifes passport was getting expired by Oct 2016 and he told us to get my wife's passport extended asap and gave us I-94 until new petition expiry date, i.e. Jan 2019.

emp A or USCIS revoked petition from emp A and now I have petition from emp B which is valid until Jan 2019.

Now,

1. I am planning for a vacation to India in this month end. As i already have valid visa and petition, Do i need to go for stamping considering i have valid visa and petition?
    2. As my wife received new passport, Does it need stamping again or can she travel with both old and new passports considering old passport have stamping?
    3. I am planning to return to US in one month and planning to follow the same process which i did in Mar 2016, i.e. showing passport and new petition from emp B to enter back to US?

Please advise if there will be any issues at PoE considering the information above

Sorry to bump, looking for some answers

Bumping the thread to get some answers. I got answer from raghvi for my earlier thread with couple of these questions, I have more questions now, hence this new one -

More details below -

1. A valid H1B visa with employer A name (who did my Visa processing) on my passport with validity until Sep 2018.
    2. Transferred my petition to employer B before traveling to US and got the petition validity up to Jan 2019. Traveled to US and asked by immigration officer to have the new employer name on passport on next visit. He verified new I-797 B and wrote on visa of my passport - 17 Jan 2019, new I-797 B
    3. Currently working with employer B.
    4. Petition filed by employer A was revoked on 1st Apr 2016.
    5. My wife received new passport as her old passport was expired, Does it need stamping again or can she travel with both old and new passports considering old passport have stamping?
    6. Now, going on a vacation to India this month end (Aug 2017) and wondering if i need to go for stamping..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X