X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B to H4 - I539 Question - 19 Help

Hi All
    Thanks for your help in Advance.

I am applying H4 change of status to my wife and my son's H4 (currently his H4 is on my wifes H1B) . She is currently on H1B. I am little bit confused on the below question in I539.

Have you, or any other person included in this application, been employed in the United States since last admitted or granted an extension or change of status?
    1. Do I need to select Yes or No?
    2. If Yes - Do I need to fill the below question

If you answered "No" to Item Number 19. in Part 4. of this form, fully describe how you are supporting yourself. Include the source, amount, and basis for any income.

Please help.

Thanks
    Venkat

Originally posted by Venkata Ganji View Post
    Hi All
    Thanks for your help in Advance.

I am applying H4 change of status to my wife and my son's H4 (currently his H4 is on my wifes H1B) . She is currently on H1B. I am little bit confused on the below question in I539.

Have you, or any other person included in this application, been employed in the United States since last admitted or granted an extension or change of status?
    1. Do I need to select Yes or No?
    2. If Yes - Do I need to fill the below question

If you answered "No" to Item Number 19. in Part 4. of this form, fully describe how you are supporting yourself. Include the source, amount, and basis for any income.

Please help.

Thanks
    Venkat
    1. Is your spouse was working or is currently working then you need to answer YES.
    2. No. But typically you can fill that spouse is working (that is you) and has a salary of XYZ, and attach your latest paystubs.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. Is your spouse was working or is currently working then you need to answer YES.
      2. No. But typically you can fill that spouse is working (that is you) and has a salary of XYZ, and attach your latest paystubs.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for your response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X