Is H1 valid after layoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is H1 valid after layoff

My husband holds h1b visa valid till September 2018 but he might get laid off in next two weeks due to unavailability of project. We can't travel back immideatly because my baby's passport is due to receive this September end( he was born in us this may). My question is can we stay here even after loosing the job on same visa. If yes how and if no than how can we go back without my baby's passport. What should we do?

You can stay max for 2 months after losing the job. during that period if your husband find another job than you can continue else you have to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by pujaverma80 View Post
      My husband holds h1b visa valid till September 2018 but he might get laid off in next two weeks due to unavailability of project. We can't travel back immideatly because my baby's passport is due to receive this September end( he was born in us this may). My question is can we stay here even after loosing the job on same visa. If yes how and if no than how can we go back without my baby's passport. What should we do?
      When the visa expires doesn't matter. When the I-94 expires matters. He can stay for 60 days after leaving job as long as it's before the I-94 expiration date.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X