Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1b restamping under current employer - I140 was denied (previous employer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b restamping under current employer - I140 was denied (previous employer)

I am going to india in September 2017, for first time since I came in 3 years prior on H1B visa, my family is already there in India for vacation. My visa needs restamping, as my visa on passport was from my prior company (expired).

I was working under agency (A) who placed me to client (B). I had to complete 2 years under contract which I successfully completed. Company B absorbed me as their direct recruit. Initial visa was issued under company A, was extended once by them during the work period under contract. Then visa petition & change of employer request was applied by company B & currently have my extension valid until 2019.

Company A - initiated to process EB2 visa (Nov 2015). Within 5 months, client company absorbed me in (May 2016). Company A sent me notification that they had received request for additional information for the I-140 (Jan 2017) and I received notification that I-140 application was refused (Mar 2017). Company A did not disclose the reason for the refusal stating it is company's information & confidential.

I am anxious about what questions I may face during the interview. Even though I have my extension valid until 2019, will the I-140 denial affect my stamping of H1b. I have emails from my previous employer mentioning they cannot disclose information about I-140 refusal. Besides that, I am having other documents to prove my current pay / I-797A / W2 & tax returns etc.

Request suggestions / expected questions. Thank you in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X