Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I transfer H1B to new employer without working for the employer who filed H1B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I transfer H1B to new employer without working for the employer who filed H1B?

Right now I am on OPT STEM extension. And My H1B application got approved and will starts from October 1st this year through ABC employer(staffing/consulting). But the client where I am working now offered me a full time position and they said they gonna transfer my H1B to their(client) company. But I was told by friends/people that I have to work at-least few months to ABC employer as he filed my H1B before transferred to new employer(here client I am working is a new employer).

I am little confused and worried with this information as this is a great opportunity that I don't want to miss.

Please assist!

Appreciate you time.

Your friends are correct. You need to be 'cap counted' before you can initiate a transfer. To be considered 'cap counted' you have to work with your petitioning employer for atleast 1 day. However I don't think you need to work a few months before initiating a transfer. You can do it after 1-2 paychecks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X