F1 Stem Opt to H1/ H4 EAD help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Stem Opt to H1/ H4 EAD help needed

I am currently on STEM OPT with no F1 stamping, I came to US on H4 visa and converted to F1 after I got admission in PhD and haven’t travelled to India in last 6 years. I want to travel sometime soon may be by the end of this year. A little about my background, I am PhD in engineering from a very reputed school and just joined as an assistant professor again in a good school. My employer wants to see my performance for next year before filing my H1 B. I want to ask what are my options as I want to travel to India soon due to family problems. My questions are
    1) My husband has I-140approved so I am eligible for H4 EAD. If I apply for F1 to H4 COS and EAD concurrent application, how long does it take usually? Already read about the court case on revoking H4 EAD rule, does that applies to pending application?
    2) In the best- case scenario if I manager agrees to file my H1 and given that premium processing for academic H1 is still open how long does the whole process takes including prevailing wages, DOL filing and H1 filing.
    3) In the worst-case scenario if I must visit India on OPT for see a sick family member and If I have some other job offer will the new employer be able to file H1 for me while I am in India.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X