H1B - multiple petitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - multiple petitions

Given the odds of H1B, I'm thinking to get job offers from multiple companies and ask them to file H1B petitions for me to increase my chances in lottery. Let's say A and B employers apply for my H1B. I have some questions regarding it:

- USCIS may not be very happy about it. Is there a upper limit on number of H1B petitions that can be filed for an individual?
    - what if multiple H1B get selected in lottery, will I have chance to pick one and get it approved?
    - Say, petition filed by employer B got approved but I really want to work for A. How soon can I take transfer to A?

Also, I'm interested to know if someone has done this before and how it turned out for them and what could possibly go wrong in this?

1) There is no upper limit as long as the same employer is not filing multiple petitions.

2) Both will be processed separately. You can't choose which one you want processed. Both could get approved too in which case you will have to choose which company you want to join.

3) You can only transfer after October 1st.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X