Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help changing visa status H4-> F1

Hi,

I came in US on H4 in Jan 2017. My partner and I are having compatibility issues and I want to get a divorce.

I do not want to move back to home country and start everything over again. I have excellent qualifications.

Can anyone tell me if changing the status from h4->f1 would help me?
    I am thinking to start studying here with no dependency on my partner whatsoever.
    Is there any other option for me.

I am confused and can't decide from where to start.

Apply to universities for admission. Once you get an admission, the university's international student office should be able to guide you through the steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie_H4 View Post
      Hi,

I came in US on H4 in Jan 2017. My partner and I are having compatibility issues and I want to get a divorce.

I do not want to move back to home country and start everything over again. I have excellent qualifications.

Can anyone tell me if changing the status from h4->f1 would help me?
      I am thinking to start studying here with no dependency on my partner whatsoever.
      Is there any other option for me.

I am confused and can't decide from where to start.
      If you want to stay here, you need to maintain your status. since you are planning to get divorce, I suggest you apply for change of status ASAP.
      If you are planning for universities , you need to get admission first, fees will be high, you need GRE/ IELTS/TOEFL scores, etc.
      but if you are just looking for changing and and maintain status, I suggest you contact OPMI Business school (www.opmi.edu / phone: 212-269-4000). I studied there. They will take care of everything and help you with change of status in short time. and plus, fees is very very less and There is monthly payment option.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X