No announcement yet.

H1b Transfer extension without I-140 approval notice- Approaching 6 years limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Transfer extension without I-140 approval notice- Approaching 6 years limit

I have my I-140 approved with my current employer A however they haven't shared any details pertaining to that and now I need to move to employer B through h1b transfer but my total stay in US is about 4.5 years. I mentioned employer B attorney about my situation and they mentioned they can apply for h1b extension for 3 years even without I-140 copy and just by mentioning that since I-140 is employer's property we couldn't obtain it. So wanted to know whether this is even possible and has anyone successfully got extension like this ?

It might be possible for USCIS to locate your I-140 approval with Employer A's name and approximate date of filing, but they won't necessarily put in that effort. It will be smoother if you have at least your I-140 receipt number. You should be able to get it with a FOIA request (though it could take several weeks).

Originally posted by ardentaj View Post
    I have my I-140 approved with my current employer A however they haven't shared any details pertaining to that and now I need to move to employer B through h1b transfer but my total stay in US is about 4.5 years. I mentioned employer B attorney about my situation and they mentioned they can apply for h1b extension for 3 years even without I-140 copy and just by mentioning that since I-140 is employer's property we couldn't obtain it. So wanted to know whether this is even possible and has anyone successfully got extension like this ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X