Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My US visa got rejected with 212(a)(6)(C)(i)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My US visa got rejected with 212(a)(6)(C)(i)

Hi,

My US visa got rejected with 212(a)(6)(C)(i). I want to know if anyone has ever got past this rejection and is successful in going back to US.

Thanks for your help.

Did the consular officer invite you to apply for a waiver?

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Did the consular officer invite you to apply for a waiver?
      The consular officer didn't ask me to apply for a waiver. Also USCIS didn't give me any reply after my immigration lawyer filed a case and asked for the reason of the refusal on my behalf. They just said that the information cannot be provided as to why my visa was refused as per their rules. So, has this ever happened to anyone and did the person ever get back the visa?

Comment

Hi,

My case was also suspended stating similar reasons. My employer is yet to receive any sort of reply from USCIS and my case is still in "Administrative Processing". How long did it take for your employer to receive the notification from USCIS after you received the suspension email?

Comment

Originally posted by Avi2017 View Post
          So, has this ever happened to anyone and did the person ever get back the visa?
          Yes

Comment

Yes
            How did the person get back the visa? Was he (or she) asked to apply for a waiver when he went for the visa interview at the consulate? Also, how much time did it take to get the visa?

Comment

The consular officer invited me to apply for a 212(d)(3) waiver. I returned after writing one up and submitted it, and the CO recommended its approval to the ARO. It took 9 months to approve, at which point the consulate was able to issue me a non-immigrant visa

Comment

The consular officer invited me to apply for a 212(d)(3) waiver. I returned after writing one up and submitted it, and the CO recommended its approval to the ARO. It took 9 months to approve, at which point the consulate was able to issue me a non-immigrant visa
                When did the CO invite you for the waiver? The document handed over to me has no check mark on it for waiver. So, should I get a company to apply for a H1B visa and then go ask for waiver?
                Also, was your company willing to wait for 9 months till you get the approval? Was it a consulting company or a product company?

Comment

The CO invited me to file the waiver after determining that I was inadmissible, and deciding that he would have granted me the visa if not for the inadmissibility

I was applying for a student visa, not a work visa, so I didn't have to manage an employer's expectations like you have to

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X