Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Tranfer complications

Hello All,

Would like some quick advice to one issue i am facing.

1. I am working for employer A who is planning to file an amendment (Not yet filed) for location change, and i got an offer from employer B who will file an H1B transfer soon. Is there and issue with USCIS to do this?
    2. The second thing is I did my master on side (non-full time) and when my H1b was first approved back in 2014 i did not have a master's degree. I completed in mid 2015 and got my degrees 2 months back. So my previous H1b petitions did not have any knowledge of my Masters and am planning to introduce it now with both my transfer and my amendment. Is there an any issue with this?

Appreciate if anybody help with this.
    Last edited by gokukaps; 09-18-2017, 01:57 PM.

Originally posted by gokukaps View Post
    Hello All,

Would like some quick advice to one issue i am facing.

1. I am working for employer A who is planning to file an amendment (Not yet filed) for location change, and i got an offer from employer B who will file an H1B transfer soon. Is there and issue with USCIS to do this?
    2. The second thing is I did my master on side (non-full time) and when my H1b was first approved back in 2014 i did not have a master's degree. I completed in mid 2015 and got my degrees 2 months back. So my previous H1b petitions did not have any knowledge of my Masters and am planning to introduce it now with both my transfer and my amendment. Is there an any issue with this?

Appreciate if anybody help with this.
    1. When is your current I-94 expiring? When are you planning to join B, merely on basis of receipt?
    2. Your Master's has got nothing to do with H1 now, but more related to the Job description and requirement of that job, if B needs Master's then they have to mention it in their petition request.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. When is your current I-94 expiring? When are you planning to join B, merely on basis of receipt?
      2. Your Master's has got nothing to do with H1 now, but more related to the Job description and requirement of that job, if B needs Master's then they have to mention it in their petition request.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Hi Raghvi,

Thanks for your reply.

1. My Visa recently got extended till Feb2020. But i havent stamped it yet. It was done in July 2017. Yes currently since there is no premium processing, i have to join B on basis on receipt, coz they wont wait for 4 months of approval.
      2. What do they have to mention? Like "this is a new degree to existing H1b Petition?".

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Any Idea?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X