Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I apply for H4 Visa while my H1 is still under administrative processing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I apply for H4 Visa while my H1 is still under administrative processing?

Hi All,

I have been working in US for past 2 years on H1B and was on H4 before that. I am in India and had applied fro H1B stamping in August. I was given form 221(g) and my application is under administrative processing since then. I have read and am aware that this can take as long as 60/90 or even several months to process. I want to know :

1. If I apply for H4, will my application for H1 be cancelled?
    2. If I apply for H4 and I receive it I will go back to USA. Then when/if my H1B application gets approved here in Inda, I can come back and get my H1B stamped then return back on H1 B?

I called the US EMbassy consulate helpline but they could only confirm that I am eligible and can apply fro H4. They said they cannot answer if my H1B application will be cancelled due to my H4 or not.

Please let me know if any one has similar experience.

TIA
    Neeta

hi

1.Yes you can apply if you have passport with you
    2.yes you can go to US and apply for change of status in US

Did you go for H4 stamping yet ?

Originally posted by Neeta View Post
    Hi All,

I have been working in US for past 2 years on H1B and was on H4 before that. I am in India and had applied fro H1B stamping in August. I was given form 221(g) and my application is under administrative processing since then. I have read and am aware that this can take as long as 60/90 or even several months to process. I want to know :

1. If I apply for H4, will my application for H1 be cancelled?
    2. If I apply for H4 and I receive it I will go back to USA. Then when/if my H1B application gets approved here in Inda, I can come back and get my H1B stamped then return back on H1 B?

I called the US EMbassy consulate helpline but they could only confirm that I am eligible and can apply fro H4. They said they cannot answer if my H1B application will be cancelled due to my H4 or not.

Please let me know if any one has similar experience.

TIA
    Neeta

Comment

Is withdrawal of H1B required to apply for H4?

Originally posted by rockstar247 View Post
      hi

1.Yes you can apply if you have passport with you
      2.yes you can go to US and apply for change of status in US

Did you go for H4 stamping yet ?
      Thanks Rockstar

But since my H1B is under processing do I have to withdraw my H1B application before I apply an application for H4 Visa?
      Please answer.

TIA

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X