Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valid options when 221 G for H1B issued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valid options when 221 G for H1B issued?

My H1B petition was filed during April 2016 cap and was picked up in the lottery. My petition was approved in September 2016.

I had recently been for H1B stamping interview with same petitioner who filed in India during Sep 2017 and was issued 221 G Administrative Processing despite providing all the confidential employer documents. The Visa officer didn't ask any more docs and my passport was returned. I am an IT Consultant.

My questions here:

1. In case if Visa is denied and NOID/NOIR is issued after Admin processing which I expect to take few weeks, can I still use my approved petition as a H1B cap exempted for new employer as my petition was approved in Sep 2016 till Aug 2019.

2. Can any other employer transfer the H1B when I am in 221 G Admin processing state currently. My H1B is not active as I am in India & this is my first stamping interview.

Please appreciate your timely help.

1) Yes.
    2) The new employer has to file a new cap exempt petition. Since you are not H1, there is nothing to transfer.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

The first point is always contradictory as in some forums they mention since the petition is revoked and you can't file cap exempt one.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X