Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa renewal in Vancouver

Hello everyone,

Here is a quick recap on my visa interview in Vancouver. We stayed in Burnaby (10 km away from downtown Vancouver) and parked across the street from the Consulate. The parking garage charges $13.50 for full day if you are in the garage before 8:30 AM. I was in line at 8:30 AM where they checked the picture, passport and forms. My picture had a light grey background, so I had to go get a new picture across the street. Make sure your picture is on a white background.

I did not take my cellphone or other personal belongings except for the documents. I did see other people taking small purses or bags. The rule is absolutely no electronics (I had to take off my smartwatch and leave it in a locker at the consulate free of charge).

After a brief wait, you head upstairs (2nd floor) where they do the fingerprinting and double check your documents again. You get a token and a security personnel takes you upstairs in order of your token number to the consular office.

The interview itself was brief about 5 minutes and the immigration officer was friendly and non-threatening. Most were basic questions on where you are from, what kind of work you do etc. He told me right away the visa was approved and I should receive it in 3-5 business days.

Timeline:

September 20 - reached Vancouver

September 21 - Interview AM

September 22 - First email saying Canada Post had received our documents and estimated date of delivery was September 25

September 25 - Received email to pickup passport and picked up the passport that afternoon

Hope this is helpful !

Originally posted by nramk View Post
    Hello everyone,

Here is a quick recap on my visa interview in Vancouver. We stayed in Burnaby (10 km away from downtown Vancouver) and parked across the street from the Consulate. The parking garage charges $13.50 for full day if you are in the garage before 8:30 AM. I was in line at 8:30 AM where they checked the picture, passport and forms. My picture had a light grey background, so I had to go get a new picture across the street. Make sure your picture is on a white background.

I did not take my cellphone or other personal belongings except for the documents. I did see other people taking small purses or bags. The rule is absolutely no electronics (I had to take off my smartwatch and leave it in a locker at the consulate free of charge).

After a brief wait, you head upstairs (2nd floor) where they do the fingerprinting and double check your documents again. You get a token and a security personnel takes you upstairs in order of your token number to the consular office.

The interview itself was brief about 5 minutes and the immigration officer was friendly and non-threatening. Most were basic questions on where you are from, what kind of work you do etc. He told me right away the visa was approved and I should receive it in 3-5 business days.

Timeline:

September 20 - reached Vancouver

September 21 - Interview AM

September 22 - First email saying Canada Post had received our documents and estimated date of delivery was September 25

September 25 - Received email to pickup passport and picked up the passport that afternoon

Hope this is helpful !

can you please share the contacts for Canadian Visa and place of stay informaiton. thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X