Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many days is officially given by USCIS for repatriation once H1B extens is denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many days is officially given by USCIS for repatriation once H1B extens is denied

Hi Experts,

My I-94 expired on June 29, 2017 and I am on 240 days of grace period while my extension is still in progress. Please note that I filed the extension 2 months prior to the expiry of my I-94 that is in the month of Apr, 2017. My case got an RFE and my employer has replied to that RFE today.

My question is how many days USCIS gives to prepare for repatriation if extension stay is denied ? Some experts said that 60 days if extension is filed before the I-94 expiry and some other advisers said that it is immediate if I-94 has expired. Need a very clear answer on this urgently.

Originally posted by sayakroy View Post
    Hi Experts,

My I-94 expired on June 29, 2017 and I am on 240 days of grace period while my extension is still in progress. Please note that I filed the extension 2 months prior to the expiry of my I-94 that is in the month of Apr, 2017. My case got an RFE and my employer has replied to that RFE today.

My question is how many days USCIS gives to prepare for repatriation if extension stay is denied ? Some experts said that 60 days if extension is filed before the I-94 expiry and some other advisers said that it is immediate if I-94 has expired. Need a very clear answer on this urgently.
    Generally the denial notice mentions the same, but a week to 10 days is generally considered acceptable.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X