Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B filing name change issue

Hi,

I got married about a year ago and my wife (Binny Aggarwal), is trying to get her name changed to Binny Bhatnagar. Before marriage she'd applied for an H1-B with here maiden name and we've got the approval notice for that. We've already got updated Indian passports with her married name. We were trying to get her name changed with the Social Security Office but they said we need to get it changed with INS (I guess on her I-94) before that. We called up the INS office and they say we need to get it changed from the port of entry (gave us the following website - http://cbp.gov/). Calling them resulted in an automated system asking to dial a known extension. This just seems to be driving us around in circles. We're trying to make sure that our Green Cards that my company is filing for me has her married name on it and also that we don't face any issues when we go for her H1B stamping in India in November.

Should we get her H1B stamped with her maiden name or married name? Do we need to file an amended H1-B petition? Am trying to google for this without much success but if anyone knows relevant links etc. please do let me know. Can you provide me with any suggestions on how I can try to do this while still retaining my sanity? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Aloke

Did u have any updates.

Hi ,

I m in same situation.could pls update me if u have any thing.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Pls Help

Hi Aloke,

I am also in the same situation. Were you able to resolve the matter of name change. Pls reply with the details.

Thanks in advance

Gaurav

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X