Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

221g fingerprint verification location in mumbai

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 221g fingerprint verification location in mumbai

    Hi,

    I recently applied for renewal of H1B visa for USA at Mumbai. I used the drop box facility. They returned my passport without a visa with 221g blue slip asking for fingerprint verification. I am confused about which location to report to VAC or the consulate? They are nearby but the timings are same 10.30-11.00. I might miss the slot if I report at the wrong office.

    Does anyone have experience with this? Are they very strict about 10.30-11.00 timings? How many days after the fingerprint verification was passport ready for collection?

    Thanks,
    Rohan

  • #2
    In similar situation

    Originally posted by rohusk View Post
    Hi,

    I recently applied for renewal of H1B visa for USA at Mumbai. I used the drop box facility. They returned my passport without a visa with 221g blue slip asking for fingerprint verification. I am confused about which location to report to VAC or the consulate? They are nearby but the timings are same 10.30-11.00. I might miss the slot if I report at the wrong office.

    Does anyone have experience with this? Are they very strict about 10.30-11.00 timings? How many days after the fingerprint verification was passport ready for collection?

    Thanks,
    Rohan
    Hi Rohan,

    I submitted my dropbox docs on Oct 6th at Pune. Picked passport on 16th Oct and received 221g with green slip for finger print verification only.
    I gave my fingerprints on October 17th at Mumbai.
    You have to give fingerprints in the main US consulate building at BKC where the visa interview happens.
    In my case since it was fingerprint verification, I just gave fingerprint and I didn't had to appear for any interview.
    CEAC site got update with the date as 17th October but status remains Administrative Processing which is not changed until today[Oct-23].
    I know there were couple of Diwali Vacation in between and I got standard reply from VFS when I reached out to them for the status.
    Please let me know your experience and how things are going with you.

    Regards,
    RS

    Comment


    • #3
      Did you receive any update yet? I am in the same boat.

      Hi,
      Did you receive any update yet?

      Thank you.

      QUOTE=aishrahul;529850]Hi Rohan,

      I submitted my dropbox docs on Oct 6th at Pune. Picked passport on 16th Oct and received 221g with green slip for finger print verification only.
      I gave my fingerprints on October 17th at Mumbai.
      You have to give fingerprints in the main US consulate building at BKC where the visa interview happens.
      In my case since it was fingerprint verification, I just gave fingerprint and I didn't had to appear for any interview.
      CEAC site got update with the date as 17th October but status remains Administrative Processing which is not changed until today[Oct-23].
      I know there were couple of Diwali Vacation in between and I got standard reply from VFS when I reached out to them for the status.
      Please let me know your experience and how things are going with you.

      Regards,
      RS[/QUOTE]

      Comment


      • #4
        221g Finger Print Verification

        Originally posted by aishrahul View Post
        Hi Rohan,

        I submitted my dropbox docs on Oct 6th at Pune. Picked passport on 16th Oct and received 221g with green slip for finger print verification only.
        I gave my fingerprints on October 17th at Mumbai.
        You have to give fingerprints in the main US consulate building at BKC where the visa interview happens.
        In my case since it was fingerprint verification, I just gave fingerprint and I didn't had to appear for any interview.
        CEAC site got update with the date as 17th October but status remains Administrative Processing which is not changed until today[Oct-23].
        I know there were couple of Diwali Vacation in between and I got standard reply from VFS when I reached out to them for the status.
        Please let me know your experience and how things are going with you.

        Regards,
        RS
        Hi There

        I am also in similar boat and will be providing finger prints tomorrow, I have a return flight scheduled next Sunday.

        Have you received any updates on VISA Approval ? How much time its taking in Mumbai consulate to approve VISA after finger prints provided ?

        GGJ

        Comment


        • #5
          221g Finger Prints

          Hello Rohan -

          By this time you must have provided finger prints in US Consulate and wondering if you could share your experience on total time US consulate takes to provide approval and send passport back to VFS after finger print collection. I will be providing prints tomorrow and have flight next Sunday.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ggj View Post
            Hello Rohan -

            By this time you must have provided finger prints in US Consulate and wondering if you could share your experience on total time US consulate takes to provide approval and send passport back to VFS after finger print collection. I will be providing prints tomorrow and have flight next Sunday.
            I got the 221g on last Friday with a requirement for fingerprinting only. I went for the verification on Monday, got the status changed from "Administrative Processing" to "Issued" and the passport was sent from the consulate to the VFS center on Tuesday. I collected it on Wednesday.

            Comment


            • #7
              Fingerprit verification

              Hi,

              Just wanted to check how long dit it take for you to receive your passport after fingerprint verification.


              Any info will be helpful.

              Thanks.





              Originally posted by Divyasoni1985 View Post
              Hi,
              Did you receive any update yet?

              Thank you.

              QUOTE=aishrahul;529850]Hi Rohan,

              I submitted my dropbox docs on Oct 6th at Pune. Picked passport on 16th Oct and received 221g with green slip for finger print verification only.
              I gave my fingerprints on October 17th at Mumbai.
              You have to give fingerprints in the main US consulate building at BKC where the visa interview happens.
              In my case since it was fingerprint verification, I just gave fingerprint and I didn't had to appear for any interview.
              CEAC site got update with the date as 17th October but status remains Administrative Processing which is not changed until today[Oct-23].
              I know there were couple of Diwali Vacation in between and I got standard reply from VFS when I reached out to them for the status.
              Please let me know your experience and how things are going with you.

              Regards,
              RS
              [/QUOTE]

              Comment


              • #8
                221g for fingerprinting B2 VISA Delhi

                Nov 12th 2017: Biometrics done at Nehru place, dropped of passport at the same location.
                Nov 13th: Status: Administrative processing
                Nov 16th: Passport returned with white 221g asking to come to US Embassy for Fingerprinting.
                Nov 17th: Gave fingerprints at 10:00 am; case date updated to Nov 17th; bur status remained Admin Processing.

                I have non-refundable tickets booked for Nov 21st; spending sleepless nights.
                Please post your timeline if you had similar experience.
                Pramila

                Comment


                • #9
                  221g for fingerprinting B2 VISA Delhi

                  Originally posted by ggj View Post
                  Hi There

                  I am also in similar boat and will be providing finger prints tomorrow, I have a return flight scheduled next Sunday.

                  Have you received any updates on VISA Approval ? How much time its taking in Mumbai consulate to approve VISA after finger prints provided ?

                  GGJ
                  Dear GGJ,
                  How many days it took for your case after giving fingerprints?
                  Hear is my situation:
                  Nov 12th 2017: Biometrics done at Nehru place, dropped of passport at the same location.
                  Nov 13th: Status: Administrative processing
                  Nov 16th: Passport returned with white 221g asking to come to US Embassy for Fingerprinting again.
                  Nov 17th: Gave fingerprints at 10:00 am; case date updated to Nov 17th; bur status remained Admin Processing.

                  I have non-refundable tickets booked for Nov 21st; spending sleepless nights.
                  Please post your timeline if you had similar experience.
                  Previous two B2 visa were approved within two days of interview. This is the first time I chose "Interview waiver" and got stuck
                  Pramila

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    221g Fingerprint verification Mumbai for B/1 B/2

                    Hi All,
                    Renewal of B/1 B/2 visa in mumbai I got 221g for fingerprint verification only but my Question is Any document require for that like income return, property docs etc ? Will they took any interview ? How much time it will take for fingerprint verification ?

                    Please advice
                    Thanking You

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      221g fingerprint only after dropbox

                      Hi Darshpatel,

                      I submitted my documents at Mumbai vfs Dropbox on Nov 17th, and was called in for fingerprints only which I gave on Dec 4th. They didn't ask for any documents except I797 (in my case) which they returned after taking my fingerprints. The vfs agent at the consulate told us we will get our passports back in about 4/5 working days, but in my case it took 7 working days (I am getting it delivered today, the 14th).

                      Hope this helps,

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        need help

                        Hello,

                        I had submitted my dropbox documents at pune location...I have got green slip saying you must appear for fingerprint verification..I need to appear at US consulate only right as there is another location for biometric...my question is, I would be going alone from pune and there is no locker facility to keep the belongings at consulate...yesterday i was reading on some forums, and got to know that there are some shops nearby consulate who keep your belongings in exchange of money..is it true? because there won't be any friend or relative of mine who is coming with me with whom I can keep my belongings ...I am very confused..guys please help me

                        Thanks,
                        Geeta

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Late but useful

                          Originally posted by Geeta Kanade View Post
                          Hello,

                          I had submitted my dropbox documents at pune location...I have got green slip saying you must appear for fingerprint verification..I need to appear at US consulate only right as there is another location for biometric...my question is, I would be going alone from pune and there is no locker facility to keep the belongings at consulate...yesterday i was reading on some forums, and got to know that there are some shops nearby consulate who keep your belongings in exchange of money..is it true? because there won't be any friend or relative of mine who is coming with me with whom I can keep my belongings ...I am very confused..guys please help me

                          Thanks,
                          Geeta
                          I know this is a bit late but this could be useful for others visiting the Mumbai consulate. If you need to visit the Mumbai consulate and have luggage with you, you can first go to the Trade Center VAS and deposit your belongings at the shop that is the adjacent to the VAS. They charge around Rs 200/- for 2 hours for 2 bags and 200/- for each additional 2 hours delay. They also provide a a receipt and token for the deposited stuff that you can use to collect your belongings after the consulate visit. I have used this service a couple of times and found it convenient and reliable. Hope this helps!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X