H1-B Transfer after 6 yrs of H1-B Approval date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Transfer after 6 yrs of H1-B Approval date

I received H1-B approval and visa stamped in April 2011.

Have worked more than a year in U.S till August 2012

That is, haven't worked for more than 2 years out of total 6 years of eligibility on H1-B
    Secondly, my H1-B visa on the passport has expired in FEB 2014 (was provided Visa stamping for 3 years).

After which, I haven't travelled back to U.S and moved to a different organisation now.

Is it possible to transfer the H1-B now (in OCT 2017) as it's been more than 6 years from the data of H1-B approval.

Kindly confirm.

Best Regards,
    AK

Originally posted by anil.damara View Post
    I received H1-B approval and visa stamped in April 2011.

Have worked more than a year in U.S till August 2012

That is, haven't worked for more than 2 years out of total 6 years of eligibility on H1-B
    Secondly, my H1-B visa on the passport has expired in FEB 2014 (was provided Visa stamping for 3 years).

After which, I haven't travelled back to U.S and moved to a different organisation now.

Is it possible to transfer the H1-B now (in OCT 2017) as it's been more than 6 years from the data of H1-B approval.

Kindly confirm.

Best Regards,
    AK
    Yes it is possible for another employer to file a cap exempt H1 petition for you.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

H1-B Transfer after 6 yrs of H1-B Approval date

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes it is possible for another employer to file a cap exempt H1 petition for you.

Thanks for the response.

Could you provide details such as any specific additional documents that need to be provided by my current employer for the H1-B transfer.

Best Regards,
      AK

Comment

Originally posted by anil.damara View Post
        Thanks for the response.

Could you provide details such as any specific additional documents that need to be provided by my current employer for the H1-B transfer.

Best Regards,
        AK
        You just need a copy of the approval notice to give to the next employer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X